How can I sell my book at Roundabout?
Roundabout Books is a small, 2,500 sq ft independent bookstore and café with very limited shelf space. Our book selection is highly curated and all books on our shelves have been carefully selected. Due to the volume and frequency of requests for our staff to review, we have established the following guidelines and criteria for reviewing book submissions:
- We do not accept any books that are dropped off. If you leave an unsolicited book, it will go into the donation pile.
- The book’s subject matter must appeal widely to our customers’ interests and not be deemed inappropriate.
- The book must be well-edited; books containing misspelled words or poor grammar will not be considered.
- The overall quality of the construction and presentation of the book (cover, spine, print, pages, etc.) must be comparable to mainstream publishing standards.
- The book must have an ISBN and suggested retail price.
- The author must live locally full-time and year-round, where “local” is defined as any place within a fifty-mile radius of Bend, Oregon. Exceptions may be made for non-local authors whose subject material is of local interest on a case-by-case basis.
- Our consignment policy is a standard 60/40 split (we pay you 60% of retail), plus a one-time admin fee of $25. We review consignment sales and pay out our consignment authors in August and January.
If you're interested in consigning your book(s) at Roundabout Books, please complete this google form. Completion of this form does not guarantee your book will be stocked at Roundabout Books. All consignment stock is at the discretion of the Roundabout Books staff.