How can I sell my book at Roundabout?
Roundaobut Books is a small, 1,500 sq ft bookstore and cafe with very limited shelf space. Our book selection is highly-curated and all books on our shelves have been carefully selected. Due to the volume and frequency of requests for our staff to review, we have established the following guidelines and criteria for reviewing book submissions:
- We do not accept any books that are dropped off. If you leave an unsolicited book, it will go into the donation pile.
- You can meet with a staff member on Thursdays from 1-3pm to discuss options for your book. Usually our event manager, Julie Swearingen, will be available during this time.
- The book’s subject matter must appeal widely to our customers’ interests and not be deemed inappropriate.
- The book must be well-edited; books containing misspelled words or poor grammar will not be considered.
- The overall quality of the construction and presentation of the book (cover, spine, print, pages, etc.) must be comparable to mainstream publishing standards.
- The book must have an ISBN and suggested retail price.
- The author must live locally full-time and year-round, where “local” is defined as any place within a fifty mile radius of Bend, Oregon. Exceptions may be made for non-local authors whose subject material is of local interest on a case-by-case basis.
- The author must submit a completed consignment form when presenting the book. Our consignment policy is a standard 60/40 split (we pay you 60% of retail). We review consignment sales and pay out our consignment authors on a quarterly basis.
If your book meets the above criteria, please bring a copy of it to the store on Monday, along with a completed Consignment Form (attached below). If you have further consignment questions, you may email Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org.