We offer lots of educator related opportunities at Roundabout Books. I know this year has been especially challenging, and I would love to know what’s different for you right now, and what I can do to help. Your flexibility and ingenuity are appreciated, and I want to thank all of you personally for making it through such a challenging year. Here are some opportunities that may be of interest to you and your school:
- School teachers and librarians always receive a 10% OFF Educator Discount at Roundabout Books on all purchases. If you haven’t signed up yet, let us know you’re an educator the next time you’re here, and we’ll make sure you are setup with an Educator Account.
- Need Library Books? Classroom Sets? Staff Book Club copies? We offer 10% OFF bulk purchase orders for any school and can order anything in print. Whether you need a new set of novels for your upcoming classroom read, the latest titles or a themed collection to update your library, or books for your next staff read, we would love to help with all educational orders. I always appreciate the opportunity to quote you an order, make recommendations, or help build a themed book list.
- Our Battle Bundle is ready! We offer families the opportunity to purchase 8 Oregon Battle of the Books titles at a time for 10% OFF. We are currently very well stocked on the 2021-2022 OBOB titles and know that many of our customers stock up on these books for summer reading. I’ve attached a flyer for your use and feel free to share with parents. The discount can be used in the store or on our website here: https://www.roundaboutbookshop.com/obob.
- Roundabout Books is excited to bring a book fair to your school! We are currently only doing virtual and/or in-store book fairs, but will consider in-school book fairs for 2022. Virtual book fairs are a great way for the whole community to participate in an event that will earn money for your school! Read more information about our book club program here: https://www.roundaboutbookshop.com/school-book-fairs. If you’d like to find out more information or setup a book fair for your school, please email me at email@example.com. We are currently planning book fairs for the 2021-2022 school year!
- We are excited to announce that we have booked Nathan Hale for in-school events on June 2nd and 3rd of 2022. I anticipate that we will be able to fit in 4-6 school events between the two days. If you would like to reserve a time slot for an in-school event next year, please have your school librarian or media manager respond to me as soon as possible and we will get your school on the schedule. Nathan Hale is the author of famous Hazardous Tales middle grade series, adventure stories that take place during both World Wars, the American Revolution, the Civil War, the Alamo, the Underground Railroad, and more! Kids love the graphic design and engaging stories and they make a fun supplement to any history curriculum. We will also be hosting Nathan for an event at our store the evening of June 2nd, 2022 for anyone that doesn’t get to see him in school.
RAB MIDDLES BOOK CLUB
- Do you know some voracious readers in your 3rd-6th grade classes that just can’t get enough reading in? They may be interested in adding another layer to their reading by participating in Roundabout’s newest book club, The RAB Middles. Roundabout employee and former Youth Services Librarian, Kathleen, leads the reading group and creates a wonderful community for discussion and sharing. The book club is currently meeting by zoom on the 3rd Monday of each month. See their upcoming reading choices here: https://www.roundaboutbookshop.com/rab-middles.