Thank you for your interest in Roundabout Books! Here is our current posting:
JOB OPENING! Are you passionate about books? Roundabout Books is now accepting applications for a bookseller/barista that can work 20-25 hours a week.
This is a customer service position that requires a friendly, courteous, and helpful manner and a passionate interest in books. Barista experience is helpful, but we will train you in the cafe. Responsibilities include: cash register operation, helping customers find titles, placing special orders, shelving books, cleaning the bookstore and cafe, making coffee and other cafe drinks, opening and closing the store, and more.
Applicant needs to be able to perform frequent, repetitive movements, lift boxes of books, move bookcases, operate computer terminals during busy times of day, and must ALWAYS be willing to learn and improve your book knowledge and barista skills. This is a year-round job and we request a minimum of a one-year commitment.
To apply, please download the attached PDF application below and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
- You are at least 18 years old
- You are available to work regular evenings and/or weekend shifts
- You are an obsessive reader, an indomitable seeker of wisdom and laughter, a creative thinker, and a devoted and proud bibliophile!
Our Booksellers are cross-trained as baristas
- intelligent customer service on sales floor, phone, and email; curate and organize stock; event staffing, familiarity and ease with website and social media software
- previous bookstore experience preferred but not necessary
- prepare and serve espresso drinks and other items, café customer service, cleaning
- previous cafe experience desired but will train, willing to obtain Food Safety and OLCC service permit upon hire