This event will be both in person at Roundabout Books and available on zoom at time of event.
Join zoom link HERE.
Whether you're hiking past waterfalls and wildflowers or cruising past sweeping view of the Columbia River, experience the best of this wild corner of the country with Moon Columbia River Gorge & Mount Hood.
Inside you'll find:
- Strategic, flexible itineraries, from day trips from Portland or weekend getaways from Vancouver to a road trip along the Fruit Loop, designed for outdoor adventurers, families, foodies and wine-lovers, and more.
- Top experiences and things to do: Sip your way through Mount Hood's craft beer and wine scene while you take in views of the Gorge, sample fresh vegetables and cider from a local farm stand, or pick your own fruit for a picnic. Get an up-close look at the annual salmon run from the Bonneville Lock and Dam, and spend the night in the historic Timberline Lodge.
- Best outdoor adventures for every season: Hike through fields of wildflowers and marvel at the towering cascades of Waterfall Alley. Make your way to the top of Beacon Rock for panoramic views of the Gorge, or hit the slopes of Mount Hood in the winter. Kayak or raft along the White Salmon River, soak in a hot spring surrounded by old-growth forest, and spend the night under the stars on the shores of a pristine lake.
- Expert advice on when to go, where to stay, and how to get around from seasoned outdoorsman and Bend local Matt Wastradowski.
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout.
- Thorough background information on the landscape, climate, wildlife and local culture.
With Moon Columbia River Gorge & Mount Hood's expert tips, local insight, and countless activities, you can plan your trip your way.